As my class and I become more of a community I find myself smiling through the day. I'm thankful to be a teacher at St. Mark's and loving my new class! Our first week together was very enjoyable. It is always fun getting to know the new Marksmen, and I think I've just about have all the names and faces learned. The boys are loving the "Whole Brain Class" rules and procedures. It is amazing how fast they learned them. These Marksmen really like keeping their dear teacher happy!
Highlights of Week One
"Read to Self" is a peaceful time of the day! We have worked on building our stamina from the first day, and we sure have grown a lot .... we went from to 3 minutes to 15 minutes in just one week. The boys like this time, and they are really impressing me! Next week, the boys will be introduce to "Read to Someone," and how to pick "just right books."
Math is another time of the day the firsties seem to enjoy! This week we learned about patterns. Ask your son to tell you the difference between a repeating and growing pattern.
I'm looking forward to Week 2. I hope you have a relaxing long weekend, and I will see everyone on Tuesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment